The MC160 is a dual channel high current 160 amp PMDC (Permanent magnet DC) motor controller with current limiting and thermal foldback protection. It is the replacement for the older RS160 product. It uses newer more efficient technologies and is smaller, lighter and lower cost!
- Enclosure size: (without Fan) 7.3” x 4.27” x 1.20”. 2.1" tall inclucing fan.
- Weight with enclosure: 1.33 lb
- Two RC servo cables are standard for hooking up directly to a RC receiver
- Two quatrature encoder inputs for full servo control via DB15HD connector on front face of enclosure
- Dual main channels 160 Amps each
- Both channels can be configured as a single channel 300+ amp controller.
- User adjusted current limiting (Potentiometer adjustment on front face of enclosure)
- Thermal foldback protection. Reduces power to motors if controller becomes overheated.
- Fan only runs if controller becomes hot to reduce power draw.
- Left,Right,and Flip/Relay RC control inputs.
- User selectable servo feedback: Encoder or Analog voltage
- Software torque limiting (Servo mode only)
- 8-42v battery operation*
- Power consumption at Idle 1.7W
- Large #10 screw terminal power connections
- Full RS232 serial command and setup.
- Standard RS232 communications N81- 4800,9600,19200, 38400 or 115200 (default) baud.
- Multiple-operating modes:
Off, Normal PWM, Torque, Velocity, Servo-Winch-Position, Servo-Position, Servo-Alt-Winch-Position.
- Manual control inputs (Step/Dir) for each channel (Left,Right) to facilitate CNC servo control via PC parallel port
- Robust signal processing for smooth, reliable fail-safe operation.
- Overvoltage protection
- Relay coil output driver can be configured as third RC channel on/off control
Specifications / features subject to change without notification